CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Literature and algae


Picture 070
Originally uploaded by
Baggis.
Today I had my regular literature class this morning. Our teacher is going to assign our first paper next thursday so I have to come up with a topic that I want to write about. Then I went and ate breakfast at the Ferguson Center. They have a really good breakfast. I usually get eggs, bacon, and hash browns. It is really good. Then I went into work at the biology lab.
Work was very interesting today. After two years of picking bugs out of pond samples, I came to the conclusion that picking bugs has officially become nasty. Before it has always been interesting to me becuase I like science, but don't have the dedication to major in it. I picked bugs for a guy that was taking samples out of somewhere in Florida, but now I am picking bugs for two girls that take samples out of somewhere in Alaska. The Florida samples were interesting because they had cool looking crayfish and clams we had to pick out. The Florida samples weren't very colorful, they were just blah. Now that I pick out of Alaska samples there is colorful and interesting things. The samples have algae and slime in them so they have some blue and green in them, thier not just full of dirt and things. The algae can be nasty because I have to ring it out sometimes to get the water out so I can put them in a drying oven to dry. They Alaska sample with alae in them are also interesting because I have never had to pick out of algae before and it is a new thing.

0 comments: